My parents have always had a decent amount of property and we have always grown a vegetable garden. Over the years, we've tried different plants and have expanded our garden to include a few plots that are unattached. This year, I want to add even more vegetables and attempt to persuade my parents to use as many eco-friendly options in the garden as I can. (It's not that they are against the idea, they just haven't seen any 'green' options that work as well as the ones they usually use.) Also, I want to get a chicken coop and keep a few laying hens. I already know a guy who can make me a fantastic coop for a reasonable price and since my dad used to have ducks just for fun, I think I can convince him to let me get a few chickens. The only thing I worry about is not being able to take them with me when I move away next summer... but I have a feeling he would truly enjoy having them once I got them and he got used to the fresh eggs.
For right now, more research is needed. Especially in the area of climate and how it affects different crops as this has been a weird weather year.
No comments:
Post a Comment